I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE times a million Marc Jacobs I have been a fan of his for years, he never fails on fashion. After finding out that there is not just one but TWO M.J store locations down the street from my apartment I have become even more addicted. Let’s face it, Marc Jacobs practically owns the West Village.
Where do you shop?
Top 3 Eats during Restaurant Week: Its Restaurant week in NYC(July 12th- 25th) which has given me enough time,extra money and a full stomach to give you a quick low down on some restaurants throughout NYC that I found my way to.
Dos Caminos in the Meatpacking District- 675 Hudson St. (14/Hudson)for fresh Mexican cooking
Home to superstar chef Mario Batali Esca- 402 West 43rd Street (43 St/9 Av) is the place for some Southern Italian comfort
For the best crab cakes in NYC visit City Lobster & Steak – 121 W. 49th St. (49 St/6 Av)
NYC is filled with amazing hidden secrets and its my goal for the rest of summer to uncover them for my readers.
After watching a recent episode of Gossip Girl, I had to make my way to the eastern side of Conservatory Water and play with the model-boats( Kerbs Boathouse Café and Central Park Sailboat Concession is where i rented the model boat) .Located between 72nd and 75th Streets off Fifth Avenue
This week Mashonda, Ex-wife to Swizz Beatz bared all to VIBE Magazine in two part exclusive interview, She talked everything about being a mother,divorce and Alicia Keys.
Mashonda told VIBE “It’s been a journey. The whole first year I cried my fucking brains out. And when ‘Try Sleeping With a Broken Heart’ came out, I was like…Wow, this song is for me.” The mother of Swizz Beatz’s three-year-old son says, “I would cry in my sleep, I would wake up crying.”
A very emotional Mashonda when asked by VIBE is it weird being with a man that isn’t your ex-husband?
Said, ” The first time I went on a date with somebody, I cried. It was like ‘Oh my God.’ I didn’t even know how to talk to another man.”
Read more at : http://www.vibe.com/posts/vibecom-cover-story-8-mashonda
235 Bowery(bet. Stanton and Prince Sts.)
No its not a stack of boxes towering over the Bowery, is New York’s fresh face of contemporary art. I had an exciting afternoon today at the New Museum.
price: $12; seniors, $10; students, $8; 18 and under are free; members are free
hours: Wed., Sat.–Sun., noon–6pm; Thurs.–Fri., noon–9pm
I saw and fell in love with Rivane Neuenschwander:A Day Like Any Other. On view now till 9/19/10
“It is Neuenschwander’s extravagant disregard for artistic categories that makes her work so perfectly tempered for this time. It is the ease with which she lives in the university of the world that guarantees her work its freshness and depth,” said Richard Flood, Chief Curator at the New Museum.
Its HOT in LA. but its been extra HOT in NYC. Try some of these cocktails.
- 1 cup ice, plus more for serving
- 1/2 cup Lillet Blanc
- 1 ounce (2 tablespoons) gin
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves, plus sprigs for garnish
- Splash of tonic water
- 1 cucumber spear, for garnish
- 1 cinnamon stick, for garnish
- Put ice, Lillet, gin, orange juice, and basil in a cocktail shaker; shake well. Fill a glass with ice; strain mixture into glass. Add tonic water. Garnish with cucumber spear, cinnamon stick, and basil sprigs.
Pineapple and Mango Rum Cocktail
- 2 1/2 small ripe mangoes, peeled and cubed (about 2 cups), plus 1/2 mango cut into slices with skin, for garnish
- 4 ounces best-quality golden rum
- 4 cups fresh pineapple juice (from a 4 1/2-pound pineapple)
- Fresh tropical fruit, such as dragon fruit and star fruit, for garnish
- Puree mangoes, rum, and 1/2 cup water in a blender. Pour 2 ounces puree into each of six 12-ounce glasses. Fill glasses with ice, and top off with pineapple juice. Garnish with tropical fruit
- 3 cups seeded watermelon, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 1/2 cups white vermouth
- 1 1/2 tablespoons superfine sugar
- 3 cups crushed ice
- Edible pansies, for garnish
- Place watermelon, vermouth, and sugar in a blender; process until watermelon has been liquefied, about 10 seconds. Add ice; process 3 seconds more. Garnish with pansies, and serve in chilled glasses.
FYI my online addiction is Marthastewart.com